Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ulysses Club. AGM

In 2004 the Ulysses Motor cycle club held their annual general meeting in Geelong at the showgrounds. To this day I rue the fact that I did not have my camera with me to record the fantastic catering performed at the showgrounds this day. Over 5,000 people were served  this two course hot meal in under an hour. The caterer was a professional from Adelaide ( who else would have 5,000 plates, knives, forks, spoons, cups and saucers etc ) who brought all the cooking equipment on the back of a large semi trailor and another semi for the tables, chairs. I had been given permission to observe from the kitchen and I have never seen a better organised function. Four local butchers were employed to cut the slabs of sirloin into 3 cm steaks. There were 4 serving lines staffed with 8 kitchen hands each, working on a modified production line and they served about 90 meals per minute in the biggest modern aluminium framed tent I have ever seen. Imagine seating, bar facilities, bands and dancing floors for 5,000 people all under cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment